In a relationship
Muggle
15 posts

Hello, My Dear Old Friend
The second star to the right
Shines in the night for you
To tell you that the dreams you plan
Really can come true
Roisin was on a mission today. To her favourite bookstore. She had a free Saturday afternoon to go exploring around London. She didn’t have work, Harvey was busy, and her flatmates, who knew what they were doing. It was summer, so she had no studying to do. She loved studying, but there was something about the freedom of summer that she couldn’t resist. She supposed she got that sort of freedom from her sister.

Today was a lovely day. The sun was shining, there was a small but lovely breeze. It was great. She hadn’t wanted to sit around all day inside, and this was the perfect opportunity to get a book she’s been wanting to get for a while. It was a good mission for that day. And she happily walked the streets, a Walkman in her hand, and headphones in her ears. They were the new fad, and she loved it. They had only recently come out, and she just had to buy one. She couldn’t have been happier with her purchase. It made the walk all the more cheery. The music flowing through her ears, making her have a bounce in her step.

Finally she arrived at the bookstore. She loved it here. But then again she loved every bookstore she ever visited. There was just something so special about bookstores, the smell of books. The look of the spines inviting you into a world, either fiction or nonfiction. The near quietness of the atmosphere full of knowledge, heartache, happiness, death, marriage, friendships. Every book completely different from the next. She especially loved the older books, the ones from many moons ago, with the hardcovers, and that old book smell. And used books, my how she loved them, just the fact that they were possessed by someone else, that someone had read these and gotten an experience from them. She was always gushing over them. These books had stories within their pages, and stories on the outside, their own experience they’ve had. She could look at them all day.

This book held a special connection for her. She had read it before, but now she wanted her own copy. The previous copy of said book was given to her little brother. It was something they had read together when they were younger, and it was their favourite. They’ve read it a good 10 times together. And today was the day she decided to buy herself a copy.

Ro pushed lightly against the door to open it, having been here many times that she knew how easy it was to open it. The little bell rang overhead, announcing her arrival and she smiled. She liked that sound, it was somehow soothing, and welcoming. It was like the bookstore itself said ‘Thank You’ specifically to each customer. But Ro wasn’t just a customer to this bookstore, no, she was a friend. She always came back for more, and it always invited her back.

Walking inside she took off her headphones and glanced around, wondering where Allodia, the store owner, was. “Hello, Allodia!” She spoke out loud, but not wanting to shout. This was a sacred place after all. Her eyes scanned the place and slowly walked towards the main desk, the best place to start. Upon not seeing her friend, she stood by the desk and rung the desk bell, ‘Ding’ it sounded with a satisfying sound. Now all she could do was wait, she was in no rush anyway. But she doubted that she would have to wait long.

words: 598 | tag: Allodia/Bookstore | Notes: Guess what the book is!
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ALLODIA LOVEGOOD
 Posted: Jul 18 2016, 09:25 PM

Book Store Owner
25 years old
Single
Order Member
16 posts

a million fires, oceans rise
"Alright, I think we're done! The books will be here by monday yeah?"

Allodia Grace Lovegood began reorganizing all the papers that had scattered around the table, painstakingly organizing them in case they were to be used in the future. She moved with a smooth grace that clearly underscored how comfortable and familiar she was with the office. She opened drawers left and right, dropping files in them without even looking. It was a pleasant side effect of having stayed in the office for the majority of her days. Not just for work of course, one of the main reasons was that it served as an eavesdrop-proof (so far at least) room for order members to meet in. Despite the office being quite large, she was done organizing in less than five minutes, with the man she was talking to just sitting there watching her once he'd nodded his head in response to her earlier prompt.

"Is there something else?" she asked when she'd realized he was still there, and watching her in a way that made her a bit uncomfortable.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" the man asked abruptly, affirming Allodia's fears. She'd noticed him lingering a bit too long during their meetings and dropping hints here and there about going out with her, but she'd always dismissed these signs as him being flirty. She'd hoped he was just being flirty. Current circumstances negated that thought entirely though, and she impulsively let out a deep sigh which caused the man's smile to turn into a frown. It was a hard situation, the one she was in. The man was a trusted supplier of hers when it came to foreign books, she would lose a large chunk of her books if he ever pulled out of the business. She couldn't just lead her on though, as that would only make things worse. Resigning herself to the fact that she was in a lose-lose situation, she grit her teeth before speaking.

"I don't but I'm not interested in getting one Roman, I'm sorry."

She waited for the inevitable anger, the declaration that she was going to have to find another supplier of rare foreign books. It didn't come though, as the man merely stood up, said "That's a shame, I would have liked to take you out to dinner.", and began walking towards the door. A pleasant sort of surprise came over her at the moment when she realized it had not gone as catastrophically as she'd imagined it was going to. A slight glimmer of some other emotion was included in that surprise though. Why hadn't he tried harder? Had that just been a token effort on his part? If so, did he not find her attractive?

She shook her head clear of those thoughts once she realized that she was having them, knowing they were nothing more than crazy ramblings. She must have looked like a dog right then and there, shaking her head physically with her eyes scrunched up. Once she heard the door open, she spoke up quickly, following the man.

"Thank you for understanding Roman, let me show you out."

Just as she closed the door behind her and stepped into the back part of the journals section of the book store, a familiar voice rang out through the area, notifying her of the presence of a certain friend of hers. A smile formed on her lips as she realized that she was going to have someone to talk to instead of reorganizing the books again. It wasn't that she didn't like reorganizing the books, she loved the peace that came with it. It was just that she and Marzia (her newest assistant, the mind of a twelve year old in a voluptuous 19 year old body, bless her) had been doing that for three straight days now and it was honestly getting tiring. She and Roman walked towards the counter, arriving just as Marzia was saying something to a Roisin O'Brien, one of Allodia's regular customers.

"Miss Lovegood should be right out Miss O'Brien, would you like some tea? Oh wait, I don't think we have tea. Maybe chocolate? I think I have some in the back. Should I go call Miss Lovegood right now?"

"I have some tea in my office Marzia, you can use that." Allodia interrupted, smiling warmly at the beaming girl.

"Oh spiffy! I'll get right on that Miss Lovegood!" she answered, clapping her hands together in elation. It always pleased Allodia to see how excited she could get over the simplest of things. There were even times when she was jealous of that characteristic.

"Be careful now Marzia," she said, cringing as she realized that she sounded like a mother, "And how many times do I have to tell you to just call me Allodia?"

"Oh of course! I apologize Miss Love- I mean, Allodia." Marzia replied meekly, turning around to rush towards Allodia's office.

"Oh, and bring the book on top of my desk!" Allodia called out, remembering that she had wanted to show Roisin a book that she'd just finished reading. It was a fantasy book, not really Roisin's favorite genre, but Allodia knew her love of books well enough that she was sure Roisin would appreciate it.

"Yes Miss Lovegood!" came a reply from the disappearing form of the 19 year old.

Allodia rolled her eyes at Marzia's continued insistence to call her Miss Lovegood before turning her attention back to Roisin and Roman, smiling, and hugging the younger woman.

"Ro! How are you? You haven't been around in so long!" she said, pouting a bit at the pretty girl before remembering that she hadn't introduced her two guests to each other yet. She quickly gestured towards Roman and spoke again, "Ro, this is Roman Allen, my supplier for foreign books. Roman, this is Roisin O'Brien, a regular here and a friend of mine."

She wasn't sure how the two would get along with each other, but she was under the impression that it wouldn't matter, as Roman was going to be leaving anyway. That would give her time to catch up with Ro and have a nice conversation that didn't involve business or someone calling her Miss Lovegood for once. To her surprise though, Roman took off his coat and laid it on the counter before taking Ro's hand and kissing it gently, saying: "It is a pleasure to meet you madame. I'm sorry but are you a model? I've seen you in quite a few magazines as of late. I was under the impression your name was Aisling, or is that a stage name of some sort?"

Not only was Allodia starting to get mad because of the fact that the man was openly flirting with Ro literally minutes after trying to ask her out, she was also confused as to what he was talking about. As far as she knew, Ro wasn't a model. She was a student. If it was a pick up line, then it was a terribly specific one, with him going so far as to creating a fake name that could be her stage name. She kept her emotions clear of her face, keeping a strained smile on as she waited for Ro to reply.
thanks to travelling lemon of rpg-d
PMGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ROISIN O'BRIEN
 Posted: Jul 19 2016, 03:12 AM

Part Time Barista/ Full Time Law Student
20 years old
In a relationship
Muggle
15 posts

Laughs For Years
Lead us to the land we dream of and when our journey is through
Ro was met by a voice. One she knew. It was the most enthusiastic 19 year old she had ever met. Marzia came rushing out from behind from shelves, seemingly out of nowhere. Ro put on a huge smile as Marzia came, “Hi, welcome-“ Then she paused as she recognised her.]“Ro!” She said rather loudly. The girl was always a pleasure to see, if not a little too much. She couldn’t blame the girl, Ro always got excited about books. Though in this case Marzia was just excited about anything. It was the best and worst trait about the young girl.

”How’s it going? What are you doing here today? What would you like?” The words came out so rapidfire it was almost hard to understand all the questions. But Ro had gotten used to that. She knew some of her classmates that spoke like this. Lawyers…
“I’m good, Marzia. You look well, how are you? And I’m here to see Allodia. I have a special book I want to find. And to catch up.” Ro replied, trying to answer all the questions.
”Miss Lovegood should be right out, Miss O’Brien, would you like some tea? Oh wait, I don’t think we have tea. Maybe chocolate? I think I have some in the back. Should I go call Miss Lovegood right now?” The words just spilled out. The girl had absolutely no filter. Which was a little bit amusing. Ro just listened, waiting for her opportunity to talk. But she didn’t get it.

Allodia walked over to the pair, with a guy beside her. A guy she hadn’t seen before. A look passed on his face, the same look a lot of guys gave her. And something else that she wasn’t sure about. But she hardly had time to look at him as Allodia spoke, a smile placed on her lips. Ro grinned as Allodia spoke to the young girl, their conversation going back and forth until the girl ran off, getting the things she wanted. “Ro! How are you? You haven’t been around in so long!” There was a slight pout on her face and Ro felt a little bad she hadn’t come by sooner. Before she could even begin to say a word Allodia decided to introduce the two strangers to each other. She introduced the guy as Roman Allen, a supplier.

To Ro’s surprise the guy took off his jacket and placed it on the counter before looking at her with a sly smile, and lightly grabbed her hand, kissing the back of it. Ro wanted to laugh. Guys were so stupid. Yes, it was charming. But not for girls who had boyfriends. She just found it amusing. Her lips pursed together into a smile, but really it was just a front to keep herself from laughing. To Roman it looked like she was charmed by him, a little awkwardly. Which was not true. Then the next words. Oh my. He started to mention seeing her in a magazine, which confused the hell out of her. And then he explained further.

The laugh burst out of her like water out of a dam. She couldn’t help it. Roman was still holding her hand and she leaned forward, her forehead resting on his hand without meaning too. She just couldn’t help it. The blonde just continued to laugh. “Me, Aisling… Oh my goodness gracious.” She talked between laughter. It took her a while. She couldn’t stop herself. She wanted to desperately. From an outsider point of view Roman could be seen with an awkward expression, a mixture of amusement and confusion. Ro had always been mistaken for her sister, for as long as she could remember. But this. Was her breaking point. She didn’t know what it was. The fact he was so charming towards her? That he recognised her sister from a magazine? She had no idea what it was.

Finally she stopped. To make things even more awkward she kissed Roman’s hand right back. “Oh, honey.” She started. “You have no idea.” She knew she had to explain, but the grin on her face made her pause for a moment. She somehow always felt superior whenever guys mistook her. She didn’t feel superior over her sister, no it was the superiority over the men. They were always really awkward about that. Because she had information they didn’t have. She knew things that they didn’t. It was her position of power among the world of men. “Look. Let me explain.” She said.

”Good, because that scared the shit out of me.” Roman gave an awkward laugh, taking his hand away from hers and letting it fall against his leg. She glanced at him with that secret smile again. “So. You’re not Aisling, or you are?”
”Patience.” She told him, before looking between the two people stood in front of her. “I have a twin sister. Her name is Aisling. She’s a model, she’s the one you saw on the cover of that magazine.” The look on Roman’s face was priceless.
”There’s two of you?!” He said, a slight laugh coming from him. Ro nodded enthusiastic. “If she’s the model, who are you other than a regular customer at this lovely bookshop.”
Ro continued to smile, and then held her hand out, for a shake. “Roisin. The Law Student, part time barista at Caffeine Court. Knowledge builder. Avid reader. Music lover.”

Roman gave her a genuine smile, the sly one hidden. “Well, you sound like a lovely specimen. Law student, huh. You must be one smart lass.”
Ro chuckled lightly, and bowed. “Your kind words are too much. But I’ll let you know that I’m taken. Happily in a relationship thank you very much. Before you get any ideas. Your charms can help you build a friendship, however.” And she meant it. If he understood she was never to be touched then everything would be fine. She liked making new friends. The fact he was a book supplier… Well that made it all the better. The smile faltered on Roman’s face, and she felt a little bad. Even though she didn’t know anything about him specifically, she knew guys.

words: 1033 | tag: Allodia | Notes: #RomanLOL
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ALLODIA LOVEGOOD
 Posted: Jul 20 2016, 12:52 AM

Book Store Owner
25 years old
Single
Order Member
16 posts

After Roman's attempt at flirting with Ro, the next sequence of events somewhat watered down Allodia's irritation. Much to her (and obviously Roman's) surprise, Ro burst out laughing when he finished saying his lines. She was laughing so hard that she had to bend over, her forehead touching their still intertwined hands. Allodia had no idea what Ro found so funny, but the mere fact that she was laughing infected her, causing her to feel the unmistakable desire to laugh, herself.

“Me, Aisling… Oh my goodness gracious.” she gasped, talking as if it was hard for her to get the words out. Allodia would not have been surprised if that was the case, seeing as she was laughing hard enough to make one's stomach feel like it was being thrown around in a washing machine. She couldn't help but smile as she used her hand to cover her mouth. It was amusing, seeing her like that. Roman on the other hand looked perplexed, not even bothering to let go of Ro's hand as they both watched her attempt to compose herself.

“Oh, honey.” Ro continued, kissing Roman's hand for a reason Allodia couldn't fathom, “You have no idea.”

In all honesty, Allodia had no idea either, but it was fun to see Roman stymied by Ro's strange behavior. He looked like a chicken told to roll over, no idea what to do. There was a strange sense of fulfillment in Allodia then, of being pleased that this was transpiring in front of her. Eventually Ro explained what was so funny. It was a surprise to Allodia as well, as she hadn't known that Ro had a twin. Then again, she didn't really know much about Ro's personal life, only that she was a nice girl that came in often to buy books. She mentally put getting to know Ro more in the list of things she was to do soon. She idly wondered if Ro drank, and if she would agree to going out to a bar with her.

Allodia silently watched the banter between the two, noticing the subtle amusement in Ro's voice and the hopefulness in Roman's. It almost made her feel sorry for the man. Almost. Ro's final put down of any chance Roman had with her was music to her ears, and also news, as she hadn't known that Ro had a boyfriend. Maybe that drink at a bar could be a three person thing. Roman's dejected look pulled Allodia out of her reverie and spurred her to action.

"Well then, now that we've gotten to know each other, I'm sorry Roman but I have some business to tend to with Ro here," she said, reaching over and grabbing his coat while not so gently pushing him towards the door. He started protesting when a voice sounded from behind them.

"Oh! Is Mister Allen leaving! I made some tea for him t--!"

Marzia was never able to finish her sentence as she tripped on a stray book on the floor, sending the tea tray she was holding sailing straight towards Allodia and Roman. Allodia's instincts kicked in, and she stepped slightly to the side to avoid the tray itself, and used Roman's coat to shield herself from the shower of tea. Roman wasn't as lucky as the tray hit him in the face while he got covered in tea. Once everything had calmed down, Allodia looked around to survey the damage.

She was relatively unscathed, though her shoes had been sprayed with a fair bit of tea. Ro seemed to be in the same predicament. Poor Marzia was on the floor, her expression horrified as she stared up at them, particularly Roman, who was doubled over and clutching his nose, which appeared to be bleeding profusely. Realizing she had to do, something, Allodia pulled out her most authoritative voice and spoke to Marzia, pulling her out of her horrid experience by giving her something to do.

"Marzia, get the first aid kit from the office. Quickly now, but be more careful." she barked, putting emphasis on the last part of her statement. She then moved to Roman grasping his shoulders and guiding him towards Ro as she spoke, "Ro dear, would you be so kind as to get a chair for Mister Allen?"

Eventually Roman was seated, cursing under his breath as he held his nose to a handkerchief Allodia had provided for him to use while she and Ro waited for Marzia to return.
PMGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ROISIN O'BRIEN
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 04:12 AM

20 years old
In a relationship
Muggle
15 posts

Poor Unfortunate Soul
Lead us to the land we dream of and when our journey is through
The next events that transpired was like a film. It all happened so quickly, and Ro had no idea what to make of it. She had only been watching Roman’s disappointed look, and felt bad when it happened. She heard it. The cut off sentence always went unheard. But she saw it. The trip. The flying tray, the cup. And lastly the tea. It spilled everywhere. The tray hit Roman in the nose, as it fell to the ground blood was already pouring down his face. Ro gasped loudly as tea spilled over her beautiful shoes, and her pants. But she didn’t care as much as seeing the damage that had been done to Roman.

The poor guy, she thought to herself. And the tea was hot, but she hardly noticed it as Allodia sprang into action. Something she had never heard from her friend before. Allodia instructed Ro to grab a chair for the poor dude, who was not very happy, swearing under his breath. Cause Ro to cover her mouth with a small gasp. But deep down… Once she ran off to get the chair, she wanted to laugh. The whole thing had been like a real life comedy movie. It could not be beaten. That was for sure. She would have to tell Aisling and Ellory about it later when she saw them, and Harvey too.

It didn’t take long to find the chair, it was found just around the corner of one of the rows of shelves. Her shoes started to squeak from the wetness of the tea, but she didn’t care. Someone was hurt, and she needed to help the poor guy. Even if he had just tried to hit on her (which still brought a huge goofy grin on her face. The guy was an idiot). Running as fast as she could with the chair held above her head she placed the chair beside the counter and gently pushed Roman, who was leaning against the counter, head tilted back, into the seat.

”Here. Take it easy.” She said softly, kneeling down beside him for a moment, and tried to give him a sympathetic smile. Marzia quickly came back with the medical kit and handed it to Allodia, who did her magic (not real magic. Because there was no way that Allodia was a witch), but human healing magic. Allodia seemed to patch Roman up so Ro stood up and stood beside Marzia, who had a towel with her. The girl held the towel out to Ro with her two arms outstretched, an apologetic look on her face. The girl was quiet, for once. “Thanks.” She grabbed the towel, and dabbed at her skirt and shoes, before walking over to Roman and dabbing down at the floor and lay the towel in his lap. He could dry himself. He was a grown man after all. His bleeding nose seemed to be under control.

”Just my luck..” Roman said, with a roll of his eyes. Ro placed a light hand on his shoulder.
“Well. At least you’ve got a story you can tell people. It’s the best you can make of the situation.” She knew she was being far too kind for who this guy was. But she couldn’t help it. She had just shut him down and then this happened. Besides, he didn’t seem like an awful guy… Just a typical one. “Do you think you’d be able to make it home alive?”
He gave a loud laughter and stood up with an audible groan. “Unless a plane fell from the sky, I shall be fine. Thank you, Miss O’Brien.” He held out a hand out to her, a civil one this time, meant for a handshake. Already this guy was 10 times better than her classmates. She couldn’t believe it.
She shook his hand firmly. “There is no thanking me. I have nothing to have earned that. You just have a safe trip home, alright. Maybe I’ll see you in the future.” She gave him a small, and sweet, friendly smile. Just the way she was brought up.

He nodded once, shrugged on his coat and nodded his head once. “Thanks for the business, and well…” He gestured towards his nose. “See you next time, Allodia.” And thus Roman Allen left the building.
”Oh. My. Freaking. Goodness!” Marzia squealed. “I can’t believe I did that. Why did I do that? He just looked so broken up. What happened? Ro, tellllll me. Please. What happened? Why was there a book on the floor by the way? Who would be so stupid enough to leave it-“ The girl took a breath. “Oh. That was me. My bad.” She bent to pick it up, still talking at a million miles an hour. “I promise I’ll never do that again. That was terrible for business. Wasn’t it.” She sat down dramatically in the vacated seat, her hands rested in her hands, elbows on her knees. “I’m such a terribly clumsy person. Oh. Roman is going to hate me.”

Ro placed a small hand on Marzia’s back and crouched down beside her. The girl immediately shut up. “Hush. Marzia. It’s okay. Mr Allen is fine. You are fine. We are all fine. It was just a small accident. Nothing to be worried about. Stop worrying so much and have some tea…”
Marzia’s eyes bulged, her mouth hanging open. “You-Ah-Wha-RO!” She shouted, her voice cutting off every word.
”Too soon?” Ro chuckled, trying to stifle a full blown laughter.

words:933 | tag: Ally/Ro | Notes: Ro making innapropriate jokes 1979
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ALLODIA LOVEGOOD
 Posted: Aug 7 2016, 08:17 PM

Book Store Owner
25 years old
Single
Order Member
16 posts

Allodia moved with confidence as she mended Roman's nose. She was forced to do it the muggle way, seeing as she was treating a muggle, not to mention the fact that there was another muggle witnessing what she was doing. It didn't take long at all for her to finish her minstrations though, and soon Roman was well enough to talk to Ro, who seemed sorry for the guy and was being extra nice. Allodia couldn't help but smile. She wouldn't be the same if she was put in that situation. She was not proud of the fact but she couldn't deny it either. Staying out of their conversation seemed the prudent thing to do as she went about cleaning up with Marzia, noting how quiet the younger girl was. She felt sorry for her, but she knew that she would have to talk to her and scold her later, preferrably not in front of either Roman or Ro.

She and Marzia finished the clean up rather quickly, with her rejoining the other two just in time to hear Roman's plane comment.

"Not wise to tempt fate Roman." she said, winking and chuckling at the slight worried look that came over his face. It really was funny how supersticious muggles got sometimes. Then again, wizardkind did have a few weird practices of their own.

She nodded and waved as Roman said his goodbyes, plastering a smile on her face as she saw him turn tail and go. As soon as he'd left, Marzia exploded into a barrage of words and self recriminations. It was cute, but also a bit frightening. The woman could probably say a thousand words a minute and still be intelligible. Before Allodia could do anything, Ro approached Marzia and started comforting her, ending with a suggestion for tea. The timing of that comment caused Allodia to cover her mouth with the back of her hand, stifling a giggle.

“You-Ah-Wha-RO!” Marzia wailed, looking for all intents and purposes like a child that got her candy taken away. It was adorable.

"Now now Marzia," Allodia intervened, grasping at Marzia's shoulders and hauling her upright. Once up, the girl immediately launched herself at Allodia, hugging her and burrying her face in her chest as she continued to bawl. Allodia could do nothing but whisper that it was going to be okay in the girl's ear as her hand gave her back gentle strokes. She was beginning to feel more and more like a mother by the second, and she wasn't sure she liked it.

Soon enough the girl had calmed down to mere sniffling level of upset. Allodia sent her off to the office to fix herself up, allowing her to use the private bathroom in the back. She would scold her later. Right now she was too much of a mess and it would have done more harm than good. As soon as she heard the click of the back door, Allodia let loose a sigh of relief, collapsing into a nearby chair.

What in the name of Merlin... she muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose as she internalized the series of events that had just happened. If she told this story to anyone, she wouldn't be surprised if they didn't believe her.
PMGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ROISIN O'BRIEN
 Posted: Aug 13 2016, 03:00 AM

20 years old
In a relationship
Muggle
15 posts

Diffuse the Tension...
Everything is not what it seems
When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
Ro felt a little bad for making the situation worse by making the tea joke. But she couldn’t help it. The joke just called to her, and she couldn’t ignore it. Rather to make a joke than make things worse by yelling at the girl. That definitely would not have helped the situation progress. She was glad she was a much nicer person than some. Just by looking at Allodia’s face that she was just about ready to explode. Yikes.

Marzia launched herself at the other woman after Allodia helped her up. It was a full on bear hug, and Ro was glad she wasn’t at the receiving end of that hug. It looked scary. Marzia was bawling her eyes out. The poor sensitive soul. But it didn’t last long, luckily. Ro just awkwardly stood there, watching the two, employer and employee, in the most awkward hug ever. It was almost intruding. But it wasn’t. It was a huge Ro had experienced before. One of her very good friends broke up with her boyfriend recently and… Well. The crying didn’t stop for hours. The guy had been a tosser anyway.

Allodia managed to motion for the girl to leave and get herself together, in the back room. Once the younger girl left her friend pinched the bridge of her nose and muttered something. Ro took a moment to pause before speaking, “What a turn of events, am I right?” She smiled lightly. She just wanted for things to be normal again, happy, because man did Allodia look stressed. “I’m sorry for making that little situation there a bit worse than it needed to be. Men, am I right?” She gave an awkward chuckle and scratched her neck.

”So… Other than this crazy situation how have you been? I’m sorry I haven’t been here in a while. I’ve just been so busy. I’m here for a book actually. I’m hoping you have it.” She tried to make light conversation despite the situation that they had just gotten themselves out of. It had started off fine, until Roman had to mention her sister, and then his flirting (bless him), and the tea, topped off with Marzia’s crying. This was definitely a story to tell Harvey, Aisling and Ellory. They would be very much amused. It was definitely an interesting story to add to her collection of stories where crazy things had happened.

She just hoped that the rest of the day would be normal, a person could only handle so much crazy. Her sister was crazy, so Ro’s tolerance was quite high. But this seemed like one of those situations she saw only on the cartoons she watched in the movies sometimes. Something rather impossible. But… Pretty much anything was possible. Magic was. Not that Allodia would know anything about that, except for the magic that comes along with reading books. And the magic of love (as if she couldn’t sound any more cheesier). There was just one sad fact that she couldn’t produce any magic, that was all Aisling. For years she had felt a little resentful and upset at that fact, but she had grown out of it. It was a difference point between the twins. Ro was proud of her sister, and she was proud of herself for the way she had gone about life.

words: 556 | tag: Allodia | note: #Awkward
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ALLODIA LOVEGOOD
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 07:26 AM

Book Store Owner
25 years old
Single
Order Member
16 posts

A million fires, oceans rise
“What a turn of events, am I right?” Ro said, causing Allodia to scoff. That was the understatement of the year. What had just happened was a disaster of gargantuan proportions, specially if it affected the deal her store had with Roman.

"Sorry, all this is just stressing me out." Allodia continued, realizing that she'd been a bit too short with Ro. The girl was just trying to make conversation after all, she didn't have to bite her head off. She laughed lightly at her comment about men, silently agreeing. As the saying said, it was really hard to find a decent man these days.

”So… Other than this crazy situation how have you been?" Ro said after a while, returning Allodia's thoughts to the present, "I’m sorry I haven’t been here in a while. I’ve just been so busy. I’m here for a book actually. I’m hoping you have it.”

"Oh, right." Allodia replied, standing up and straightening herself out, "I've been good, thanks. Keeping myself busy as usual. What book were you hoping to get?"

Allodia had no idea what Ro was going to choose, the earlier mention of a book had been a ruse to get Roman out of the store. In truth, there was too much variety to what Ro took out for her to accurately predict what genre of book she would choose. She was just thankful that there were still some people left who shared her love of the written word.
PMGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ROISIN O'BRIEN
 Posted: Sep 4 2016, 02:29 AM

20 years old
In a relationship
Muggle
15 posts

The Second Star To The Right
We'll thank the little star that shines The second from the right
Ro could tell that Allodia was stressed by all this, and her stress was spoken out loud. But Ro just shrugged with a small smile, her hand dismissed the comment. “It’s okay. I don’t blame you.” The whole situation had been rather ridiculous. If Ro was in Allodia’s position she too would be stressed. Besides her friend had not seen her stressed. When Ro got stressed she got stressed. It was a rare occurrence, but her studies did tend to make her more stressed, which was just the nature of her studies. It was to be expected, and being the only girl meant her stress levels exceeded normalcy. This was nothing compared to how she could react. But she thought best not to mention it to her friend.

Ro smiled at Allodia’s answer. “Glad to hear it. The usual is always good. Now.” A slight grin appeared on her face. “This story is rather important to me.” She almost didn’t want to speak the name aloud, but knew she had to if she wanted to get the book she wanted. The story held many memories, of a time without Aisling, of a time with her little brother. This was their thing. A special part of her life that she didn’t share with Aisling, which was both a good and bad thing.

”I’m looking for Peter Pan.” She told her, an excited grin on her face. “I gave my other copy to my brother, so now I want one for myself. The other week I was just thinking about it and thought it was time for me to get my own. So. Yeah. Do you have it?” Now that all the drama was over it was time to get down to business, the business of buying books. It wasn’t common that Ro would walk in to a bookstore with a proper thought about what she wanted to buy. Sometimes she just liked to go in with a small list and just let her mood take charge. Sometimes she went in just to see the books, to hold them in her hand and just wonder. Today was neither of those days. Today was mission day. She just hoped that Allodia had it for her. It wouldn’t be the end of the world, of course, but that only meant she would have to wait longer until she could get her hands on that book. It seemed that today it was a craving for her, and she wanted that fix, and she had no idea why.

words: 422 | tag: Allodia |
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ALLODIA LOVEGOOD
 Posted: Sep 4 2016, 08:03 AM

Book Store Owner
25 years old
Single
Order Member
16 posts

It didn't take long for Allodia to calm down enough that she was in a normal mood. She didn't have many regulars, as the appreciation of books was quickly going out of style. This meant that she had to take care of the ones she did have, like Ro. It was a shame really, those regulars she did have were quite obviously much brighter than your usual lay person. Too bad not more people were like them. If there were, the world would be a different, much better place.

“It’s okay. I don’t blame you.” Ro said, being her usual sweet self. The girl was a sweetheart, and Allodia was once again struck by how little she knew about her. She'd been coming into her store regularly for a while now, and it was just about time that she rectified that little problem.

She didn't even have to do anything for the information gathering to start though, as Ro went on to tell her about a story that she held near and dear to her heart because apparently she read it with her brother. It was a sweet story to match the story teller and subject, and Allodia couldn't help the warm smile that graced her features while she listened to the younger girl, no, woman talk.

"A wonderful book." she said in response, gesturing for Ro to follow as she entered the seemingly endless aisles of books. Most muggles didn't notice, but the whole building was enchanted to hold much more than it had any business storing. The aisles seemed endless while the general area looked much smaller. People with a watchful eye made comments on it from time to time, but Allodia would just smile and call it a miracle of modern architecture.

"I didn't know you had a brother," Allodia continued as they walked along the aisles, walking past excellent works such as To Kill A Mockingbird, A Christmas Carol, and the complete works of Arthur C. Clarke, "I don't really know much about you really, and that's a shame. I don't think I even know your last name."

Allodia found what she was looking for just as she said that last statement, reaching up and retrieving a hard bound copy of Peter Pan. It was in immaculate condition, with the cover showing the image of a young boy in green tights who seemed to be floating next to a bright speck of light.

"Here you go." she said, handing the book to Ro with a smile and a wink, "On the house."
PMGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ROISIN O'BRIEN
 Posted: Sep 9 2016, 02:37 AM

20 years old
In a relationship
Muggle
15 posts

Second Star
we'll thank the little star that shines the second from the right
Now that the atmosphere was back to normal everything felt right. Ro wasn’t one of those people that had anxiety about situations they couldn’t control, no, she was quite the opposite; she liked it. Being in situations that were out of her control was exciting, and sure nerves were sometimes there. But overall Ro could be in the moment and have whatever emotions were appropriate for said situation. But normality is where she would rather be. Exciting situations was something she tried to keep to a minimum. Today had been one of those days. Her quota had been filled. And bookshops themselves were quiet and normal, it just felt right to have that atmosphere back. The silent sighs of a thousand stories breathed easily.

Allodia knew which book she was talking about, and of course she would. Who wouldn’t?- Actually Ro would know plenty of people who wouldn’t, but all bookstore owners should know the classic fairytales, that’s for sure. Peter Pan was her favourite, and just the thought of being able to hold her own copy in her hand today filled her with content. It had been hard to give the older copy to her brother, but it had just felt like the right thing to do. And thus, she had. Now she had her own copy for her own purposes, and maybe in the future if she had children she would read it to them. And it meant she could read it to Harvey as well, who unfortunately had never read it before.

Ro followed after Allodia and listened to the conversation. “Oh. Yeah. Surprising, isn’t it. How little we know each other and yet I come in here so often. But just so you know my little brother and twin sister are the only siblings I have.” She chuckled lightly. “Maybe we’ll just have to grab a cup of coffee some time and actually get to know each other better. I’d love to know more about you.”

And then. The moment had come. Allodia had stopped and grabbed the book she had been hunting. Peter Pan. Ro gently took the book from Allodia’s extended hands. She smiled and winked at her, saying some very ‘magical’ words. “No. Oh. No. I am paying for this. You can’t give this to me for free!” She took a step back, her gaze quickly shifting between the book and the bookshop owner. “I possibly can’t.” She couldn’t believe it. It was something of a downfall to Ro; she was too nice. She hated freebies, even if it was food. Whenever people offered her things she wouldn’t want to take it. It had been like that with every person she met. It was only her family and best friends that she didn’t do that to. But of course those people had had to warm up to her before she allowed herself to accept anything for free without complaining. And especially a book as incredible as this. The condition. It was amazing. Ro couldn’t pass up the opportunity to pay for it. No way. But she had a very particular feeling that she may not be able to do that.

words: 527 | tag: Allodia | Notes: Ro is too kind.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ALLODIA LOVEGOOD
 Posted: Sep 13 2016, 01:31 AM

Book Store Owner
25 years old
Single
Order Member
16 posts

Ro's response to her offer of taking the book for free was surprising to Allodia. Most people would have just accepted the gift and thanked her, but she figured the younger woman had a reason for not doing so. Still, she was disappointed that Ro hadn't accepted her gift.

"I really have no problem giving you that for free" she said, gesturing towards the book as though it wasn't already obvious what she was talking about.

"If you insist though, I would be interested in you treating me to some coffee some time. We could consider that your payment."

She really didn't want to accept money from the woman, and to that end she hoped that Ro would accept her counter offer. She saw in her actions that the book obviously meant a lot to her, and even just the sight of her happiness was enough to make Allodia comfortable with giving the book to her for free.

"So, is your twin anything like you?" she asked, skillfully redirecting the conversation so as to avoid Ro giving her a negative response or outright just paying for the book. She was also genuinely curious as to what Ro's twin was like. She was acquainted with a few other twins herself, and they didn't always seem like they were even related.
PMGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ROISIN O'BRIEN
 Posted: Sep 14 2016, 02:55 AM

20 years old
In a relationship
Muggle
15 posts

Second Star
we'll thank the little star that shines the second from the right
Ro couldn’t help but look horrified at the book and then at Allodia. This whole thing was ridiculous. Allodia didn’t seem to understand as she reinforced what she was offering. A book for free. For normal people they would gladly take up the opportunity, but Ro was certainly not a normal person by any sort of standard. This was quite unusual for her. It wasn’t often that people offered her free things, especially when they found out she wasn’t her twin sister.

Then Allodia made an interesting proposition. To pay for coffee. Now. Compromise Ro could do. She stood there, biting her lip gently for a moment before sighing loudly and nodding. It was the best she was going to be able to do. “Alright. You have yourself a deal.” She gave a curt nod as a way to acknowledge the deal and then clung the book to her chest with a smile. “I’m so glad you had it. You have no idea.” She wondered for a moment if Allodia saw more people get this excited about books or she was the only one who acted so childish about such trivial things.

Her next question made Ro laugh, her shoulders hunching as she did. [color-#6fcb9f]“Oh my. No. She’s not. At all. We may look identical but a lot of our natures are completely the opposite. You may literally say I am the calm to her storm. She’s very out there, which is obvious in the way she holds herself and the fact she’s a model. But in all fairness we do share some common personality traits, but not a lot. It’s pretty crazy, really. A lot of people expect us to be the same, and when they look at the two of us side by side you can tell some of the differences.”[/color] She shrugged. “I think that makes us interesting. I love her, but by golly she can be a handful sometimes.” She laughed at the thought. She wouldn’t really be able to say that Ro and Aisling had lived apart for 7 years, having experienced very different things; which Ro believed was another reason they were so different. To have that separation, have different educations. Not that that was a bad thing, the two were still as close as ever.

”Do you have any siblings at all? We also have a younger brother actually. He’s similar to me, but of course still very different.” She smiled, it was nice to just talk casually with someone. It wasn’t often she got to do that. She only did with strangers or the regulars at the coffee shop she worked at. But otherwise it was just her sister, when she got to see her; her sister’s best friend, and Harvey. But that was different, she found. She already knew them, she wasn’t getting to know them. Whereas, right now she was getting to know someone she had often talked to before but never about anything too personal. It was a nice change.

words: 501 | tag: Allodia| note: Ro finally agreed, woop.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG Rating CTTW Candyland Shadowplay Infinite Arms Bombarda Maxima: Personified Trischool Potterverse Miami Lights Keys to the city Star Trek: Frontiers Gossamer Definitely Maybe Lochland Grove Make Way For Tomorrow Confringo All Things Roleplay Ravenclaw Pride Law of the United 

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black