break these walls down, tag - Bellatrix
RODOLPHUS LESTRANGE
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 10:47 PM

Department of Intl. Magical Cooperation
27 years old
Married
Death Eater - Admin
89 posts

Rodolphus had not been home in at least two weeks. His work for the department of international magical cooperation had him traveling in his early days - enforcing trade law, strengthening diplomatic relationships. His new position as the elected British chairman on the international confederation of wizards had him traveling even more. His job was primarily to inform the office of the Minister for Magic of foreign relations, to represent his country’s interests and make recommendations. As of late, he had mostly been playing the defensive game, denying rumors of the Ministry being over its head with the “death eater problem”, and quelling any growing concern about the Dark Lord. It was busy work, he had to do a great deal more talking than he ever intended on doing. He manipulated and charmed his way through embassies and ambassadors, he offered deals under the table and made arrangements without approval of his government at home. Rodolphus had learned to do this job well out of necessity, but he knew that his real place was at the side of their Dark Lord. He had been counseled by many, including Lord Voldemort, on the importance of this political work, but he prefered having a knife in his hands, blood at his feet, and fire at his back. His best work had always been gathering information through torture.

The past two weeks had him in the United States, the unfortunate headquarters of the international confederation. After a week of meetings in New England he had traveled to Asia, meeting with the Chinese ambassador to discuss a trade embargo and make some deals behind closed doors. Rodolphus had a companion on these travels, as he so often did. He was notorious for taking women on these trips with him, keeping them hidden away in five star hotel rooms during the day and spending his evenings with them. The women he took with him all had two things in common. They were never his wife, and they were always purebloods.

Cressida Nott was somehow different from the women he had taken on these excursions before. She had captivated his attention from the moment he had met her at Evan Rosier’s wedding. She was charming, elegant, and always did what he asked of her. The difference between her and the other women was her willingness to join him in his work for the Dark Lord, her eagerness to hear the details of his work, the way she approved of the work he did. Their first evening together Rodolphus had shown her how to use a knife, how to tear somebody apart. She had stood by at the end of the evening, holding his knives and clad only in lace underwear as she watched him work. He had known then that he wasn’t letting her go, not for awhile.

The woman had been his constant companion since then, and Rodolphus had kept her in his wing of the house before dragging her around the globe. He had lavished her with gifts, dresses and jewels, lingerie, anything she desired. In exchange, she had attended several dinners with him, staying quiet through the meals, looking beautiful on his arm. He had left her reluctantly at the end of their trip, promising to pick her up the following evening, promising to take her to his manor in France for a few days before he would be needed back in England. His return home was purely ceremonial, stopping for the evening to make an appearance, to grab some documents and a new suitcase full of clothes.

Rodolphus had not anticipated his wife being home, and he only saw her out of the corner of his eye as he entered the ornate front doors of the manor and passed a sitting room. He sighed, not bothering to conceal the noise and made a detour for the room, bypassing Bellatrix and instead crossing the room to pour himself a glass of scotch. The last time he had been in this room had been with Cressida after Evan’s wedding, before taking her into the dungeons.

“My darling wife. You’re looking as hostile as ever, is that a new shade of lipstick you’re trying?” Rodolphus quipped conversationally, dropping heavily to sit on the couch across from her. “I’m only here for the night. I have an engagement in France in the morning. I was in China for seven days longer than I planned on being.”

What's a god to a non-believer?
PMEmail
^
BELLATRIX LESTRANGE
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 08:50 PM

N/A
N/A years old
N/A
Death Eater
23 posts

What you do to me
Bellatrix Lestrange hadn’t done much in the last 2 weeks or it could have been longer. She wasn’t sure anymore. Time was just a concept that didn’t seem to matter these days. There wasn’t much she could do. Voldemort didn’t have a lot of time to teach her these days, and the type of missions she did weren’t readily available. All in all it meant she had too much spare time on her hands. And she hated it. She found herself bitter, more bitter than usual. It was that every time she tried to do something it just ended with her being angry- most of the time. The only time she didn’t was whenever she was hanging out with Vega, and that usually ended up with them sleeping together. But that didn’t happen often enough.

She had of course noticed the absence of her husband, and only briefly wondered where he was. It had been more than 2 weeks since she last saw him. She had no doubt that he was still alive, but she had no idea what he was actually doing. She wasn’t entirely sure if she wanted to know. He was likely to be off doing Ministry things, which she honestly thought was rather boring. But she also had an inkling that he was doing other things with other people. Though she tried to ignore those thoughts, it only made her mood worse. Bellatrix had had that suspicion for a while that he’d been sleeping with other women for who knows how long, but it was never confirmed. She would like to keep it that way. It wasn’t something she was fond of thinking about. At all.

Today she had managed to find some peace, though she was nearing that threshold of restless. She had sat down in one of the sitting rooms, with a book, unusual as it was. This book held information about the Dark Arts, which was the only reason she was reading it, to gain that knowledge. She had sat herself down just after lunch and somehow over the course of the whole afternoon she had spread herself out on the couch, her feet resting on the arm. A tea cup was sitting on the ground beside her, still half filled with warm tea. And a plate of snacks sitting on the coffee table, just in arms reach. That had been her life that afternoon, and creeping into the evening. She wasn't sure how she could have let the time pass like that, but she was actually enjoying herself.

Until her husband showed up. Their relationship was rather complicated; it was platonic at best, and icy at worst. But mostly they were indifferent to each other, which she didn’t mind most of the time. Sometimes she was just angry at how their marriage had turned into this. Just a public face with doses of teamwork when it came to terrorising for the Cause. The audible sigh that announced her husband’s arrival made her roll her eyes. Guess neither of them had expected the other to be here. He did his thing by commenting on her and fashioning himself a drink before sitting himself down opposite her. She gave a very tight smile. “Oh you noticed? This shade is about a month old.” She rolled her eyes and sat up, tucking her legs under her. It was a position that her mother would have scolded her for, ‘it wasn’t very lady like’. Not that she cared. “But look who decided to show up for once.” She commented after he mentioned his trip. “Ah, China. That’s where you were. I wondered whether you had fallen off the face of the Earth. Though I’m not entirely sure how you can be there a whole week longer than you planned. But that’s your business. Glad to see you’re not dead.” That brought a genuine smile to her face. As much as she didn’t like the fact they had grown apart like they had. But there wasn’t much she could do about that. “So, how was it, then? Did you do anything fun?” It was always nice to at least see his face and just have a casual conversation- for one it was just for the social interaction. And if that social interaction was her husband then so be it, she would be happy to take that. But she was a little annoyed at him for just taking off for so long. He could have told her in just 12 words (‘I’m going out for an unspecified amount of time, don’t wait up’) and she would have accepted it.

RODOLPHUS LESTRANGE. 752. She's a little bitter- if you can't tell.
PM
^
RODOLPHUS LESTRANGE
 Posted: Oct 1 2016, 09:46 PM

27 years old
Married
Death Eater - Admin
89 posts

If he was being completely honest, Rodolphus’ mind was largely still with Cressida somewhere in China. Normally, he would have brought her home to his own manor instead of waiting to take her to France the following morning. He needed to take some time away from her, not used to feeling so invested in somebody else, in wanting to spend his time largely in their presence. Taking her to France was a compromise, it would keep her out of his immediate life, away from his wife, and keep their relationship straight in his mind.

It appeared as if Bellatrix had also not anticipated his arrival anymore than he had anticipated her presence in the manor. The manor was a ghost house as of late, each of them returning only for formal functions, to pack their bags, or to occasionally spend a day or two there alone. He wondered sometimes what Bellatrix did to occupy her time. She spent a large amount of time with her sister, but he didn’t know where she spent her evenings. His wife felt largely the same way about Lucius Malfoy as the rest of them did, and he couldn’t imagine her spending that much time in his presence.

The balance he had struck up with Bellatrix was working well. He thought about her in a vague sort of way sometimes when he was away from home for too long. They always showed up to formal events together, and she sat by his side at the Dark Lord’s table. He wondered how things would go over once he convinced Cressida to take the mark. He knew that he would want her by his side at all times once she joined the cause, which would ultimately push Bellatrix away even further. He didn’t mind what his father would have to say about the matter, Rodolphus had been the head of his family house for a few years now, his father only retaining the title by simply being alive. Rodolphus was in charge of the family business, the family fortune and political influence. He had never cared much for what Bellatrix’s father would say, but he was not looking forward to the fight that would inevitably come from Bella.

Divorce had crossed his mind again the past two weeks since meeting Cressida. She was an ideal partner for somebody like him, and her family had to be eager to marry her off. Rodolphus knew that he wouldn’t let that happen, would make it widely known that Cressida was his, but there was little else he could do with their parents not consenting to a divorce. Rodolphus had always had the option of going through with it anyhow, ignoring the implications of divorcing a Black, but proprietary had always held him back.

Rodolphus regarded her boredly as he sipped his scotch, fighting the urge to roll his eyes as she spoke. He was tired from traveling, and wasn’t entirely sure why he had decided to let her know he was even home. His clothes were at least a day old, his jacket long ago discarded and his button up shirt wrinkled. A pack of cigarettes sat in his breast pocket, and he was sure that five long lines made their way from his neck down to his stomach in the exact size of Cressida’s fingernails. He wondered if Bellatrix would notice, if she would have the gall to bring it up with him. He made no attempt to hide them.

“Negotiations in America weren’t successful so I followed the ambassador home. We worked out a deal in the end, trade terms that just so happen to make me a pile of money, I was thinking about using it to buy a boat in Monnaco.” Rodolphus mused lightly. He was at least secure in the fact that his wife didn’t give a shit about the money he made, having enough of her own.

“A few dinner parties,” Rodolphus answered her question, taking a long drink from his glass. It was almost surreal, coming home from two weeks with Cressida to have a casual conversation with Bellatrix. “Tell me, Trixie dear, how have you been spending your time in my absence?”

PMEmail
^
BELLATRIX LESTRANGE
 Posted: Oct 2 2016, 05:50 PM

N/A
N/A years old
N/A
Death Eater
23 posts

Bella's template:
what do you do to me
To a lot of people this would have been a rather normal scene for a married couple. For Bellatrix and Rodolphus Lestrange this was about as odd as seeing pigs fly. Having proper conversations wasn’t something the pair had done in years. Not that Bella minded much, there were better people to have conversations with- such as her sister. Bella wasn’t sure what this thing was, and why they were sitting here, talking. Not that it mattered, they were engaged in this conversation now.

It was hard not to notice his disgruntled look or the marks that were trailed down his neck, hiding beneath his shirt. She decided to ignore it, for now. This right there was proof, proof of his infidelity. And it made her insides turn. And not in a good way. Bella had always hoped that these rumours weren’t true- deep down. Looking at him now, turns out they were right. All those years of wondering were no longer about wondering. It seemed that tonight Rod didn’t want to hide that fact. And Bella wasn’t sure what to think. A burst of anger bubbled in her chest and she tried to squash it. There was no point acknowledging it at this point- but she wasn’t sure whether she could keep it down for long. It was bound to come out sooner or later. Was this his way of telling her about it, that they had come to this threshold in their marriage?

The truth about this wasn’t much of a surprise. How could it? The two of them hadn’t been intimate in forever, and they barely talked. What else was he supposed to do to satisfy his cravings. But this was about loyalty to her, to their marriage. They were the power couple, and this was humiliating for her. She wanted to live in ignorant bliss, going about her life the same as it was. This changed things, and not for the better.

She wondered if he had a mistress; he probably did knowing him. And her mind wandered to who she may be, and that made her even more angry just thinking about it. Was she someone she knew? Was she younger, more beautiful, better in bed? Ugh. She shouldn’t be thinking about this. But her mind drifted quietly off to Vega, who wasn’t her mistress, but close to it. They were friends with benefits. And it was nice.

She half listened to his explanations and nodded along politely. She hated the money talk, or the work talk in general that didn’t have anything to do with her. That was just his life; work, work and more work. Boring. “A boat? Of all things. You really know how to spend your money, don’t you.” She said sarcastically, not that she cared much. He could spend his money however the hell he wanted. But if she had to be honest, a boat was a rather strange thing to buy. Though it also meant it was an excuse to be away from home.

”Dinner parties, how glorious. Was it boring without me there?” She chuckled softly. “You know I hate it when you call me that.” She said rather bitterly. It wasn’t an endearing nickname. He hardly used that nickname, and when he did it was never a good thing. “Me? Well, let’s see. What have I done?” She tapped her chin lightly. “Absolutely fucking nothing, unfortunately. It’s been a rather boring time lately.” Of course there were certain things she could have specified on and some she couldn’t. But she doubted he truly cared about the things she got up to in her spare time.

She reached down and grabbed her cup of tea and took a sip from it, glancing at her husband. She wondered why exactly he was sitting here in the same room as her, having a proper conversation. This wasn’t the most normal thing they could be doing right now. He could have easily walked by the room, grabbed his things and left without a word and she wouldn’t have noticed. “Why are you even here?” She asked. “I doubt you came here to talk about the weather and ask about each other’s day like proper husband and wives. Is there anything you need to tell me? Or have you just suddenly gained a soul and decided you still love me?” There was no doubt in her mind that his love for her ended after their third pregnancy failed. There was nothing she could do that would make him love her again- not that she wanted his love. That was long gone, and it wasn’t going to make a comeback. She didn’t love him either, and especially now, after the revelation of his sleeping habits.

PM
^
RODOLPHUS LESTRANGE
 Posted: Oct 6 2016, 10:34 AM

27 years old
Married
Death Eater - Admin
89 posts

Rodolphus couldn’t remember the last time he had sat and talked with his wife. They had been vaguely fond of each other early in their marriage, but he couldn’t recall a time when they had ever just talked. It was strange, slightly awkward, and Rodolphus found that he wasn’t a fan. It was oddly comfortable, however. He didn’t care what Bellatrix thought about him, so he had no reason to watch what he said or project his image onto her.

He had been under the impression that Bellatrix knew how often he slept with other women since the beginning of their relationship. He ran through a handful of women every year, and he wasn’t above paying for sex either. Most of the women had been in this very house, in his bed in the room he had once shared with Bellatrix. Now she had her own half of the house, and their paths very rarely crossed. He wasn’t discreet, not by a long shot. He bragged loudly about the women he slept with, took them to dinners when he traveled. He always had a different woman on his arm, and if Bellatrix hadn’t figured it out by now he would have been surprised.

Again, his thoughts were on Cressida. He was glad that he hadn’t brought her home with him, a run in with his wife would have been the last thing he wanted to subject Cressida to. He wondered vaguely if he could pick her up that evening instead of in the morning. His mind had drifted over the past few days, wondering how different his life would have been had his parents allowed him to marry somebody like her, he wondered how he could convince his father to let him marry her. He wanted an heir, and Cressida could give him that. He wanted somebody who could stand by his side as a death eater, but a step behind him instead of a step in front of him as Bellatrix so often did.

Rodolphus finished his scotch and set his glass to the side, not bothering to get up and refill it yet. Instead, he leaned back on the couch, making himself comfortable and closing his eyes as Bellatrix spoke. Her voice was bitter and sarcastic and he wanted to roll his eyes at how dramatic she was being. “Find something to occupy your time, surely I don’t need to teach you how to do that. Ask your sister how she spends her days.” A thought passed through his mind and he raised his head, smirking at his wife. “Although I’m sure most of that time involves sleeping her way through unmarried pureblood wizards. Might be good for you.” He knew that was pushing his luck, that Bellatrix was quick to anger and was always defensive, but it was too good of a set up to ignore.

He stopped himself from snorting as Bellatrix asked her questions, asked if he decided he still loved her. He had never loved her, she had been a good marriage, a good match to give him heirs to the Lestrange family name, but that had always been it. He had been attracted to her, hadn’t minded spending his evenings with her, but he had never loved her. “Is that what you want, Bella?” Rodolphus asked, disinterested, and leaned back on the couch again. “I’m back because this is my home and I’ve been to three separate continents in the past two weeks. I’m tired and don’t care to listen to your bored housewife routine. I’m taking somebody to France in the morning, and I came home to change my clothes and dig my mother's necklace out of storage.” It was all but a flat out admission of guilt, of having an affair, but he didn’t care. Surely she knew already. Although, mentioning that he was dragging a necklace that belonged to his mother out to give to Cressida would surely anger Bellatrix.

He had only ever given her two family heirlooms, the wedding ring that belonged to his grandmother and a diamond necklace on their honeymoon. He bought her things all the time, the knife with the Lestrange crest on the hilt, the clothes she wore, the manor she lived in. He wasn’t completely neglectful towards her. But he couldn’t help but think about how Cressida would look with the emerald necklace over her throat, the Lestrange crest engraved onto the main jewel.

PMEmail
^
BELLATRIX LESTRANGE
 Posted: Oct 19 2016, 12:51 AM

N/A
N/A years old
N/A
Death Eater
23 posts

what do you do to me
Things were certainly weird in the Lestrange household at the moment. This was a rarity, and Bellatrix almost didn’t want it to end. But sooner or later it would. It was hard these days to talk to anybody. And even people like her needed human contact and conversation. Or else she would go stir crazy. It seemed she had gone stir crazy if she thought this was nice, talking with her husband. Who certainly didn’t mean anything to her other than a fellow death eater partner and as a person with whom she shared and house and name with. He was just a man that she called her husband, but didn’t fill any of the roles of one.

Not that it mattered, as long as publically they looked like they were husband and wife then everybody was happy. That was all this was. It was an empty marriage. A shell. Inside it was just a whole lot of indifference. There once had been something there, but it was all gone now. And it didn’t leave any marks. It had just happened, mutually. He had pulled away quicker than she had. But it happened nonetheless, and it was probably a good thing.

Seeing him sitting there so nonchalant, exposed, bored made her feel rather annoyed. She wasn’t quite sure why. But it did. He definitely was not the same man he was all those years ago when they had been married. They had both changed, both gone down two different paths. Both down dangerous paths. Not that she saw it that way. They were both powerful, but she believed she was the better one. She was closer to their Dark Lord, she was better equipped with Dark Magic, and she most certainly had better ways of killing their victims. In these moments that didn’t matter. What mattered was the fact that they were just two people sat in their living room, having a civil but detached conversation.

He talked, she listened and rolled her eyes. “Of course you don’t need to teach me that. You never have had to teach me anything, my dear.” Her teeth clenched at the mention of her sister. “Don’t you bring my sister into this. Or degrade her in any way. What she does in her spare time is none of your business.” She was annoyed, very annoyed at his words. “I do not need to be sleeping around to occupy my fucking time.” She couldn’t believe he was talking to her about sleeping around. That bastard had no right. Sure she herself felt around with Vega, but it didn’t mean anything to either of them. They were just friends with benefits. But she knew she didn’t need to tell him that. At all.

There it was. He was tired of this. He didn’t seem to hide it anymore. That annoyed her. To absolutely no end. “You don’t have to speak to me in that tone, Rod.” She took another sip of her tea, but her lips were pursed. It was annoying. “I don’t have a bored housewife routine, okay. I am no fucking housewife. I am a respected Death Eater, and your wife if that even means anything to you. And I understand that this is your house, I was just asking a fucking question.” She had no intention of making this conversation into an argument, but she couldn’t help herself. She was starting to get angry.

“Oh. And who is this person, huh? Is it a person of the female variety?” Her voice started to rise. “Is she the one you’re going to give your mother’s necklace to? Does that mean you’ve finally decided enough was enough and you’re no longer going to sneak around with women. I can’t believe this. Your mother’s necklace! Of all things! That’s honestly is despicable.

It was ridiculous how he could sit there, so nonchalant and say this to her. Yes the two of them didn’t love each other. And yes, she had suspected he had been sleeping around. In that sense she could at least pretend that it wasn’t happening. This, she suspected, meant he had a mistress. And a mistress was worse than him sleeping around with random women. This meant he had a mistress who he actually cared around. If he was going to parade around Bellatrix with this woman, then she for sure was not going to be happy.

RODOLPHUS LESTRANGE. 741. Oh dear...
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG Rating CTTW Candyland Shadowplay Infinite Arms Bombarda Maxima: Personified Trischool Potterverse Miami Lights Keys to the city Star Trek: Frontiers Gossamer Definitely Maybe Lochland Grove Make Way For Tomorrow Confringo All Things Roleplay Ravenclaw Pride Law of the United 

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black